Covid 19 Pure Framing Operational Statement March 2021
I have temporarily stopped taking in new work using the “Drop off and collect” approach in order to catch up with work that I have in. I am hoping that from 12th April we will have an announcement from the Welsh Government that I can open my doors to customers for pre-booked appointments again (with appropriate safety measures in place). I can then resume my usual design consultation appointments with customers.
If you have something you would like to have framed, please get in touch and I will take your details so that I can contact you to book an appointment once I have the “go-ahead”.
Covid 19 Pure Framing Operational Statement January 2021
As a non-essential business, I am able to continue to offer framing services “behind closed doors”. This means that I cannot offer “in person” framing consultations. In order to comply with the Tier 4 restrictions, I am able to operate on a “Call and Collect” basis. Please see below for how this will work whilst we remain in Tier 4. The process will have to be different to the usual design appointments I offer, but the steps are necessary in order to carry out the consultation process effectively and enable me to find out what you want, offer you the appropriate advice and choices and price the work for you.
- In the first instance please get in touch by telephone or email to let me know that you have an item that you would like me to frame for you.
- I will need to take your email address so that I can send you a questionnaire about your framing requirements. These questions cover the type of questions I would ask in person at a framing consultation under normal circumstances. I will need you to complete this and return it to me by email.
- If you have any particular questions or concerns arising from this form, then by all means phone me and we can discuss these over the telephone to enable you to complete and submit your form.
- Once I have the completed form and have had time to consider it, I will get in touch to arrange a time for you to drop your framing project in at my workshop. You will hand the item to be framed in at the door, but will not be able to come inside the workshop.
- Based on the answers in your questionnaire sheet and any discussion over the phone, I will put together some design options for you to consider and email you some photographs of these options up against your item so that you can visualise the finished result. I will also give outline costs for each option. We will then have a telephone conversation to fine tune your choices if necessary.
- Once you have confirmed your choice I will send you a final quote.
- To accept the quote, you pay a 50% deposit up front using BACS (online banking). The details about how to do this will be at the bottom of your quote. (If you do not want to go ahead at this point, then please let me know and we will arrange a time for you to collect your item).
- I will carry out the work and contact you when it is complete with a photograph of the completed piece along with the final invoice (again payable by BACS).
- We will arrange an appointment for you to collect your work once the invoice has been paid. Again, it will be handed to you through the workshop door without you entering the workshop. Do not worry that you won’t have the usual opportunity to examine your frame at the point of collection – if you find that there is anything you would like to raise or discuss once you get it home then please get back in touch so that I can deal with it.
Covid 19 Pure Framing Operational Statement July 2020
Pure Framing is open for business again after the Welsh Government’s recent easing of lockdown restrictions. In these strange and worrying times, I would like to assure customers that as we open again precautions are in place to protect you and minimise risk of virus transmission. These are:
- Appointment Only to avoid more than one customer at once (this is standard practice at Pure Framing anyway).
- When arranging the appointment I will ask you for more detail than I normally would about what you would like to have framed, and may ask for your email details so that I can send you some questions to answer ahead of the appointment if I need to do this. I will also ask you to email me a colour photograph of the item you are having framed. This will allow me to prepare as much as possible before the appointment to minimise the time required and the amount of contact between us.
- If you know what you would like in terms of frame design and the level of framing that you need then I am happy for customers to arrange a time to drop off their artwork with me. I will then put together some design combinations based on your requirements and send you photographs which we can then discuss. Once you have a choice, I can give you a quote for the framing.
- If you are not sure what you would like and would like some advice and to see the options in person, then I have made arrangements for that. One customer at a time will be allowed into the workshop for a consultation. Masks and gloves must be worn whilst in the workshop (these can be provided, but if you prefer to use your own this is fine). We will maintain as much distance as possible between us during the consultation. The design area surfaces will be disinfected after each customer.
- I will ask that all deposit and final payments are made electronically by BACS (I am not handling cash or cheques at the moment to minimise risk).
- Most importantly, once you have arranged an appointment, if you or a member of your household are self isolating or have been feeling unwell, I ask that you contact me as soon as possible so that we can re-schedule the appointment (even if it is short notice). I will do the same under those circumstances.
The above precautions will allow us to work together as safely as possible, and my usual high standards of customer service and attention to detail have not changed, so you can enjoy the great framing service that you have come to expect from Pure Framing.
I look forward to seeing you!