About the Framer
My name is Jo Ronald and I am owner and founder of Pure Framing. I am a professional picture framer and have been making frames since 2011. I trained initially at the UK School of Framing and have since become a framing specialist, having undertaken numerous specialist framing courses through the Fine Art Trade Guild and other approved providers. I became a Certified Framer in 2018 through the Guild.
As a member of the Fine Art Trade Guild (the industry trade body representing Artists, Printers of Fine Art and Framers in the UK), I work to their defined standards in their “Four Levels of Framing” and abide by their code of ethics. I guarantee my materials and workmanship and carry full Fine Art Insurance from Virtu to protect your artwork while it is both in storage with me and during the framing process (see FAQs for more details).
My work as a professional framer started in 2015 under the business name Jo Ronald Artisan Framing, and I re-branded under the new business name Pure Framing at the beginning of 2018 to reflect better what I am about as a framer. My focus is purely on using the correct methods and high quality and appropriate materials for the framing work that you bring to me. I take great care to make sure that I understand your needs and preferences. All the framing work I do is at "Level 3" and above.
Pure Framing has a broad base of customers and I am an imaginative and resourceful framer who enjoys working closely with clients to make sure that they get a picture frame that suits their taste and purpose whilst also protecting their artwork, textile or object to the appropriate level of framing.
Framing and all Customer Appointments take place at my new workshop in St Clears, and my Fine Art Printing work takes place in my original workshop near the village of Llangynog in Carmarthenshire. I provide picture framing services and fine art printing services in Carmarthen, St Clears and throughout Carmarthenshire, Pembrokeshire, Ceredigion, South West Wales and beyond. To see a map of my workshop in St Clears click here.
Member of the Fine Art Trade Guild
since March 2016
- Observe the highest standards of integrity in all transactions
- Protect the interests of their customers
- Avoid the use of false, confusing, inaccurate or misleading terms, descriptions and claims
- Make every effort to reach an amicable and speedy solution in the event of a dispute with a customer
- Maintain adequate insurance protection to suit their business and customers' needs
- Represent itself as a member of the Guild only whilst a current member
- Maintain and enhance the reputation, standing and good name of the Guild and its membership
- Contribute to the advancements of the profession through development and support of Guild standards, the education of fellow members and consumers
- Recognise the authority of the Guild in all matters relating to the interpretation of this code of ethics
Guild Certified Framer
UK School of Framing:
- The Basics of Framing
- Mount cutting and decoration
- Fabric Framing
- Framing 3D Objects
- Conservation Framing
- Adding decorative finishes to frames
- Stretching and framing canvas
Fine Art Trade Guild (Advanced Level)
- Conservation Framing (Advanced Level)
- Textile Framing (Advanced Level)
- Mount Decoration (Advanced Level)
IAP (International Academic Projects)
- Giltwood Frame and Object Restoration (2019)
Finalist in Best Mount Design 2019
Fine Art Trade Guild
Fine Art Trade Guild Arqadia Scholarship (Summer 2017)
Guild Certified Framer (Accredited Professional Framer) – GCF(APF) – February 2018
Finalist in the 2019 Fine Art Trade Guild “Best Mount Design Hand-cut” sponsored by Colourmount.